2 0 0 7
|Dimensions and weights||214|
|Fluids and cooling system||218|
|Three way catalytic converter||219|
All specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
1. Model plate
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Codes for color and upholstery, etc.
2. Child safety lock labels1
3. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) specifications (USA) and Ministry of Transport (CMVSS) standards (Canada)
Your Volvo is designed to meet all applicable safety standards, as evidenced by the certification label on the facing side of the driverŐs door. For further information regarding these regulations, please consult your Volvo retailer.
4. Loads and Tire Pressures
The appearance of the decal will vary, depending on the market for which the vehicle is intended.
- Canadian models: upper decal
- U.S. models: lower decal
5. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
The VIN plate is located on the top left surface of the dashboard. The VIN is also stamped on the right hand door pillar.
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) should always be quoted in all correspondence concerning your vehicle with the retailer and when ordering parts.
6. Vehicle Emission Control Information/ Vacuum hose routing
Your Volvo is designed to meet all applicable emission standards, as evidenced by the certification label on the underside of the hood. For further information regarding these regulations, please consult your Volvo retailer.
1. Not on vehicles equipped with the optional power child safety locks.
1. Rear seat backrest up, load height - upper edge of
2. Rear seat backrest folded down, load height - upper edge of front seat backrests/lower edge of rear window
3. Rear seat backrest folded down, load height - head lining (ceiling)
1. When driving for prolonged periods at temperatures above 86 °F
(30 °C), the maximum recommended weight is 2000 lbs (900 kg).
2. See also page 145 for additional information
When adding accessories, equipment, luggage and other cargo to your vehicle, the total capacity weight must not be exceeded.
1. Permissible axle weight or gross vehicle weight must never be
2. AWD = All Wheel Drive
Fuel tank: 18 US gal. (68 liters)
Minimum octane requirement - AKI 87 (RON 91) unleaded fuel (See also page 121).
Engine oil must meet the minimum ILSAC specification GF-3, API SL, and ACEA A1/ B1. Lower quality oils may not offer the same fuel economy, engine performance, or engine protection.
Volvo recommends .
1. Including filter replacement
Different types of oil should never be mixed.
Grade: Volvo synthetic power steering fluid (Pentosin CHF 11S) P/N 1161529 or equivalent.
Fluid type: DOT 4+ boiling point >536 °F (280 °C).
The thermostat begins to open at 194 °F (90 °C).
1. The transmission oil does not normally need to be changed during the service life of the vehicle. However, it may be necessary to replace the oil if the vehicle is often driven in areas of sustained temperature extremes (hot or cold), when towing a trailer over long distances, for prolonged driving in mountainous areas, or if the vehicle is often driven short distances in temperatures under 40°F (5°C).
Three-way catalytic converter cautions
NOTE: Unleaded fuel is required for vehicles with three-way catalytic converters.
Individual rear wheel suspension with longitudinal support arms, double link arms and track rods.
Spring strut suspension with integrated shock absorbers and control arms linked to the support frame. Power-assisted rack and pinion steering. Safety type steering column.
Active Bi-Xenon headlights (option) - due to the high voltage used by these headlights, these bulbs should only be replaced by an authorized Volvo service technician.
12-volt system with voltage controlled generator. Single wire system in which the chassis and engine block are used as conductors, grounded on the chassis.
Voltage: 12 V
Cold start capacity (CCA): 600 A
Reserve capacity (RC): 115 min
Capacity (Ah): 70
If you must replace your battery, be sure to replace it with a battery of the same cold start capacity and reserve capacity as the original (See the decal on the battery).
The distributor ignition system operates at very high voltages. Special safety precautions must be followed to prevent injury. Always turn the ignition off when:
1. Automatic transmission: 220 kW at 100 rps, 300 hp at 6000 rpm.
2. Automatic transmission: 350Nm at 32-100 rps, 258 ft. lbs at 1850-6000 rpm.
Charge air cooler (Intercooler)
Turbocharged engines employ a turbo-compressor to force air into the engine inlet manifold and a charge air cooler to cool the compressed inlet air. The resulting increase in air flow raises pressure in the intake manifold and increases engine power over that developed by the normally-aspirated engine. The charge air cooler (which resembles a radiator) is located between the turbo-compressor and inlet manifold.
The engine is equipped with a multiport fuel injection system.
Volvo On Call Roadside Assistance
Your new Volvo comes with a four year ON CALL roadside assistance. Additional information, features, and benefits are described in a separate information package in your glove compartment.
If you have misplaced your package, dial:
In the U.S.A.:
In addition to Volvo factory training, Volvo supports certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (A.S.E.). Certified technicians have demonstrated a high degree of competence in specific areas. Besides passing exams, each technician must also have worked in the field for two or more years before a certificate is issued. These professional technicians are best able to analyze vehicle problems and perform the necessary service procedures to keep your Volvo at peak operating condition.