2 0 0 4
Manual height adjustment - front
The front edges of passenger seat cushions can be adjusted to seven different settings and the rear edges to nine different settings.
Lever (A) - adjusting the front edge of the seat.
Lever (B) - adjusting the rear edge of the seat.
Manual front-rear adjustment
The seat can be moved forward or rearward by pulling up on the front-rear adjustment bar. Check that the seat is securely locked into position after adjusting.
Folding the backrests in the front
The front passenger seat backrest can be folded to a horizontal position to make room for a long load. Fold the backrest as follows:
Passenger seat: The seat can only be adjusted if the ignition key is in position I, II or if the engine is running.
Driver's seat: The seat can be adjusted if the ignition key is in position I, II or if the engine is running. It can also be adjusted in the following circumstances:
1. Within 40 seconds of the ignition key being
turned to position 0 or removed from the
2. After you have unlocked the driver's door with the key or remote control, the driver's seat can be adjusted during a 10 minute period if the door remains open. If the door is closed, the seat can be adjusted for 40 seconds. The ignition key can be in position 0 or not yet inserted in the ignition switch.
Remote keyless entry system and
The remote control transmitter also controls the electrically operated driver's seat in the following way:
The next time you unlock the driver's door with the same remote control (the one you used to lock the doors with) and open the driver's door, the driver's seat will automatically move to the position in which you left it.
The seat will move to this position even if someone else has adjusted it since you last unlocked the vehicle with the same remote control.
NOTE: This feature will work in the same way with all of the remote control transmitters (up to 3) that you use with your vehicle. This feature will not function if you lock your vehicle with the key.
Adjust the power seat(s) with the two switches at the side of the seat as follows:
A - Front edge of seat (raise/lower)
B - Forward - rearward
C - Rear edge of seat (raise/lower)
D - Backrest tilt
NOTE: The power seats have an overload protector that activates if a seat is blocked by any object. If this occurs, switch off the ignition (key in position 0) and wait about 20 seconds before operating the seat again.
Please refer to the following page for information on programming the memory function in the driver's seat.
If the seat accidentally begins to move, press one of the buttons to stop the seat.
Programming the memory
Please note that only the driver's seat is equipped with the memory function.
Three seat positions can be programmed. To program a seat position:
1. Adjust the seat to the desired position.
2. Hold down the MEM button.
3. While holding down the MEM button, press button 1 to program the current position of the seat.
Buttons 2 and 3 can be programmed in the same way.
To move the seat to a programmed position, press and hold down button 1, 2 or 3 until the seat moves to the preset position and stops.
As a safety precaution, the seat will stop automatically if the button is released before the seat has reached the programmed position.
Entering the optional third row of
Tilting the outboard backrests in the second row of the seats:
Pull up the handle (1), hold it up, and tilt the backrest forward to move the seat.
Return the backrest to the upright position to slide the seat back to its original position.
Forward/rearward seat adjustment
Lift the adjustment bar (2) to move the seat forward or rearward.
Removing the center console
(seven-seat models only)
In order to make it possible to move the center seat in the second row of seats as far forward as possible (seven-seat models only), the rear section of the center console can be removed.
Sliding center seat - second row
(seven-seat models only)
The center seat in the second row can be moved farther forward than the outboard seats. This makes it possible for a child seated in this position to sit closer to the people in the front seats.
Head restraint - second row, center
The head restraint in the center position can be adjusted to 4 different heights.
To raise - pull the restraint up until it clicks into one of the four heights positions.
To lower - press the button at the base of the support (see illustration above) and press the head restraint down.
Folding the backrests - second row
1. Move the seat(s) to their rearmost position (seven-seat models only).
2. Pull the loop (A) to fold down an outboard head restraint. Press down the center head restraint if necessary (see page 59).
3. Pull the handle (B) outward to release the backrest. The backrests are designed to lock at a 45 degree angle. Pull the handle again to continue pressing it down until it locks in the horizontal position.
To return the backrests to the upright position, pull handle B and pull the backrest up.
Folding the backrests - third row of
Folding down the backrest
If necessary, fold in the load anchorage eyelets before folding down the backrests.
1. Move the seats in the second row forward, see page 58.
2. Pull up the handle in illustration 1 above.
3. Push the seat cushion firmly rearward, under the backrest.
4. Fold down the backrests* (the head restraints fold down automatically) to the horizontal position.
Returning the backrest to the upright
* Please note that the head restraints in this row cannot be vertically adjusted.
Courtesy light/front reading lights
The courtesy/reading lights can be turned on or off by pressing the respective buttons.
The courtesy light has a timer function which turns the light on for 30 seconds if:
The courtesy light stays on for 10 minutes if one of the doors is left open after the vehicle is unlocked.
The courtesy light switches off if:
The courtesy light can be switched off or on in all situations by briefly pressing the button.
When you switch the light on, it remains lit for 10 minutes.
You can disconnect the automatic function by pressing the courtesy light button for more than 3 seconds. Briefly pressing the courtesy light button again automatically reconnects the function.
The courtesy light timer periods can be changed. Contact your Volvo retailer.
Rear reading lights